- Keep unwashed, trimming only the large leaves
- Store in a perforated, plastic bag in the refrigerator
- It will keep fresh for several days
- Broccoli will take 8-15 minutes to steam, 4-8 to blanch. Test for doneness by piercing the stalks with a knife point. The knife will pierce easily, but the broccoli should remain crunchy. If you plan to use it later cool by plunging immediately in cold water. Drain and pat dry.
- Steam or blanch broccoli before sautéing or stir-frying
- The stalks and stems of the broccoli are edible, too. Cut stalks into thick julienne strips or diagonal slices for soups or sautées.