Community Supported Agriculture (CSA)
CSA is a direct farm-to-consumer relationship that provides high quality vegetables and other on-farm products to committed individuals who are interested in sharing the joys of food production and eating. CSA creates an opportunity for farmers to focus on producing high quality, delicious seasonal produce that is easily available to our community.
Learn to experience the excitement of eating seasonally! Taste the enjoyment of waiting all winter to savor the first on-the vine-sun-ripened tomato from a local garden each summer. Imagine your culinary experience expanding by adding a wide variety of produce to your kitchen.
The benefits of a CSA:
- Participation sustains farmers in your community and makes a direct connection between growers and eaters.
- Eat fresh, highly nutritious produce all summer.
- A share is like having your own garden but with much less work!
- Support local farmers and land stewardship.
- Strengthen our community.
- Build local food security
“Care of the soil and care of the soul are not separate things.” – Satish Kumar
How does it work?
We keep it simple. You get a bag of tasty local seasonal produce each week that includes our newsletter complete with recipes and ideas for ways to use and enjoy your share. The HappyDay Farms Newsletter will also keep you updated on what’s happening at the farm.
By pre-purchasing a seasonal share you are supporting the farm: a pre-paid harvest helps to cover the start-up costs for the season without interest while supporting the creation of a stable, livable income for the farmers.
Over the course of the season, you will encounter a wide variety of produce. Vegetables include: arugula, asparagus, basil, green and dry beans, beets, boc choi, broccoli, cabbages, carrots, cauliflower, chard, cilantro, cucumber, eggplant, garlic, green onion, kale, kohlrabi, lettuce and salad greens, onions, parsley, peas, sweet and hot peppers, potatoes, radishes, romanesco, squashes, tomatoes, and tomatillos. Also, fruits such as apples, cherries, melons, plums and strawberries. CSA members can expect that all produce will be tasty and nutritional, but not always “perfect” in appearance.
What’s a share?
We keep this simple too. Our price for a share $20.00 and $12.50 for a half share . A share provides a $20 farmer’s market value of freshly harvested produce. You will receive a variety of 7 to 15 different vegetables and fruits each week with the understanding that some weeks may have more variety than others as a natural result of harvesting crops at the peak of ripeness.
We offer two types of shares.
- The Full Share: Full box of vegetables at $20.00/wk
- The Half Share: Half box of vegetables at $10.00/wk
We offer four payment plans.
- Full Season: Full Share at $1000.00/Half Share at $500.00
- Half Season: Full Share at $500.00/Half Share at $250.00
- Quaterly: Full Share at $250.00/Half Share at $125.00
- Monthly: Full Share at $100.00/Half Share at $50.00
Receiving Your Share:
Share pick-ups are available during the Winter and Market Seasons (year-round). You are responsible for the pick-up of your share on the designated delivery date at your assigned pick-up site.
Winter Season (November to May):
- Wednesday Pick-up at Long Valley Feed Store 2pm to 5pm
Market Season (June-October):
- Monday: Laytonville Market on Hwy 101 2:30pm to 5:30pm
- Wednesday: Gravel Pit Market on Bell Springs Road 4pm to 6pm
To become a HappyDay CSA member:
HappyDay Farms P.O.B. 1403 Laytonville, CA, 95454
Casey & Amber 707.354.1546